Mazda Routine Maintenance Near Oklahoma City, OK
Mazda Routine Maintenance with Bob Moore Mazda
To keep your Mazda in prime condition, it is recommended that you follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule. Recommended maintenance is performed on a set schedule, usually after a certain length of time or number of miles driven, whichever comes first. Routine maintenance includes changing the engine oil and filters, lubing the chassis, and rotating the tires.
The manufacturer has a set recommendation for when each service should be performed for optimum benefit to the vehicle. Certain circumstances may dictate that service should be done sooner than the manufacturer recommends.
- Heavy brake use: If you take short drives in areas where you use your brakes more often than usual, or you drive in dusty conditions, rough, muddy roads, or areas with corrosive salt.
- Extreme weather: You let your car idle for long periods in extreme cold, humidity, or excessive heat.
If any of these conditions apply, you will likely need to have the vehicle serviced more often than the schedule recommends.
- 6 months or 7,500 miles: Change engine oil and filter, all locks and hinges must be lubricated. Rotate tires.
- 12 months or 15,000 miles: Change engine oil and filter, inspect the disc brakes, and lubricate locks and hinges.
- 18 months or 22,500 miles: Change engine oil and oil filter. All locks and hinges must be lubricated.
- 24 months or 30,000 miles: Change engine oil and filter, inspect fuel lines and hoses, inspect brake lines, hoses, and connections. Inspect the disc brakes, steering operation, and linkages. Inspect the front and rear suspension, ball joints, and wheel bearing axial play. Inspect the driveshaft dust boots; tighten the bolts and nuts on the chassis and body and lubricate locks and hinges.
- 30 months or 37,500 miles: Inspect drive belts, change engine oil and filter, replace air filter, and lubricate locks and hinges.
- 36 months or 37,500 miles: Change engine oil and filter, check disc brakes, lubricate locks and hinges.
- 42 months or 52,500 miles: Change engine oil and filter and lubricate locks and hinges.
- 48 months or 60,000 miles: Replace engine oil and oil filter, inspect fuel lines and hoses, inspect steering operation and linkages, inspect hoses and tubes for emissions, inspect brakes lines, hoses, and connections, check disc brakes, front and rear suspension, ball joints, and wheel bearing axial play. Inspect driveshaft dust boots, tighten bolts and nuts on chassis and body, and lubricate all locks and hinges.
- 75,000 miles: Audibly inspect the engine valve clearance and adjust if noisy. Replace spark plugs.
Other Services Required
- Engine coolant flush: Your first engine coolant replacement should occur at 120,000 miles or ten years; after that, it should be replaced every 60,000 miles or five years.
- Exhaust system and heat shields: The system should be inspected every 45,000 miles or every five years, whichever comes first.
- The cabin air filter: Should be replaced every 25,000 miles or every two years.
Mazda Full Circle Service
This comprehensive maintenance program makes it easy to keep your Mazda vehicle in top running condition. When you visit the service department at Bob Moore Mazda, our team of certified service professionals will give your vehicle a complimentary Full Circle Service inspection and present you with a report card outlining any issues you may need to have addressed either immediately or soon. All Mazda Full Circle Service Departments use genuine Mazda parts and equipment specifically designed for your vehicle.
Mazda Protection Products Prepaid Maintenance is a service plan entirely customizable to suit your needs and lifestyle, offering a convenient option for keeping your new, certified pre-owned, or used Mazda vehicle running in peak condition.