Contact Us Form Opened

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What is Mazda SKYACTIV?

Bob Moore Mazda – Mazda SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY

When you want to get the most from your driving experience, Mazda SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY is the solution to having it all. Many manufacturers offer fuel-efficient vehicles. And many other manufacturers offer high-performance vehicles. But only Mazda has invested the time, effort, and money to offer both in one innovative vehicle. Using SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, Mazda has created the driving experience you want without the guilt of a gas-guzzling engine.

Step One- Getting More from Each Bang

While the combustion engine changed the world, it remains very inefficient in harnessing the energy in the fuel it burns. The average motor extracts only around 30% of its fuel’s potential power, wasting the other 70%. Mazda’s solution to this excessive waste is the SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L and 2.5L gasoline engines. These engines have been designed to increase the fuel and air mixture’s compression to extract more energy from each motion of each cylinder. The result is more power for the same amount of fuel.

Step Two- A Responsive Transmission

There is nothing like the feel of a manual transmission as you push the revolutions to the limit and then slam to the next gear. It’s like fighting the reins on a thoroughbred until you finally loosen your grip and allow the beast to surge forward with a powerful burst of energy. The SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY Drive 6-speed transmission mimics the feel of a manual transmission’s short throw and that satisfying surge of power. And you have the added assurance of the advanced control module maintaining the shifting precision, responsiveness, and efficiency.

Step Three- Stronger and Lighter

A lighter body and chassis are always going to reduce fuel consumption. But the challenge is to remain strong and safe while lessening the load. Much like the bones of a bird, the SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY framework uses ultra-high tensile strength steel to build a lighter, stiffer, and stronger vehicle while still being lighter. This feat makes the Mazda nimbler at low speed while also adding stability at higher speeds.

Step Four- Big Picture but Small Details

At Mazda, the focus will always be on improving every driver’s experience in every vehicle. For nearly a decade, engineers have been working on a subtle yet remarkable technology to enhance every Mazda vehicle’s performance. The result of this intense project is SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with G-Vectoring Control. This system is responsible for making the vehicle dynamics’ micro-adjustments to improve the overall driving experience. In most cases, these are tiny, tiny details that only a professional on a par with an F1 driver might notice and be able to alter manually or correct. But the SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY-VEHICLE DYNAMICS system detects and addresses these small issues constantly to enhance the overall performance of the vehicle and the driver’s level of enjoyment. For those who know cars and yearn to drive the thoroughbred equivalent on four wheels, the Mazda with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY is as close to perfection as you will ever experience.

To test drive any vehicle in the Mazda line, visit Bob Moore Mazda located at 13045 N Kelley Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 7313.